The advantages of owning a home Aquaponics system:
• Plants yield 5 to 20 times more food in half the time compared to garden plants.
• Vegetables grow up to 2 times faster than those grown in soil.
• Because there is no soil used, aquaponics requires half the space or even less than a conventional garden.
• Low set-up and operating expenses. – Electricity for a small pump is less than $20 per month and even that can be offset with the use of solar panels or small wind turbine.
• Aquaponics uses 80% less water than gardening.
• Easy to build and maintain. – Following the step-by-step instructions make building easy and fun and once setup is complete, maintenance is virtually care-free.
• Most parts can be found off the shelf at your local hardware/garden store.
• Save money by growing your own produce.
• Eat fresh, healthy, organic food and fish grown by someone you trust!
So what are you waiting for?